Sunday 1 August 2010

First & Last Cucurbits

I picked the first of the all green bush courgettes a couple of weeks ago; they were tiny, but I wanted to get the plant moving. Last week I had the first fully grown one
 

These are now producing very well, whilst the tondo di toscana and gold rush are definitely slowing down. I think I was quite lucky to get these two a couple of days ago, and there is probably only one more gold rush left in my most prolific plant


The yellow scallop squash haven't done particularly well. I have only had two from two plants. There are lots of flowers but not much fruit and I have treated them the same as the other cucurbits?!


They tasted nice enough sautéed in spicy butter with the courgettes, there just aren't enough of them.

Mini-white cucumbers are also coming to an end. I picked this selection of mis-shapen and oddly coloured cucumbers a couple of days ago


and turned them into chutney.

No comments:

Post a Comment