Sunday 5 September 2010

Seed Saving

One thing that did surprise me about the previously mentioned pumpkin was the number of seeds it contained... there were millions of the things!


Well maybe not millions, but it seemed like a lot to me; although I have never been up close and personal with a pumpkin before so that might be quite normal.

Doing what I usually do, I searched on the internet to see if there is anything special you have to do to them in order to save them for future sowings... and there isn't, just rinse and leave to dry before packing them away. So that's what I've done.


I have also been saving pepper seeds for the past few weeks, so have apache, shake (don't know what the variety is so have to stick with that name) and bellboy seeds ready to sow next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment