Sunday 17 October 2010

Carrots.... hmmmmm

I can't say that my attempts at carrots (or roots in general) this year have been successful, because they haven't. The first few sowings in the ground didn't even germinate so I tried sowing in tubs. I picked a handful of tiny paris market a few months ago now and thought I would leave the others to grow on but they haven't come to much at all. This was one tub of chantenay that I picked today.


The remaining tubs, paris market and early nantes have lots of greenery but nothing underneath?! Today's pickings will accompany roast dinner, I just wish I had a few more.

All is not lost though, I did have another surprise bean harvest... they just keep on coming.


And also, I finally emptied out my penultimate bag of potatoes, that I have been rummaging in every now and then and pulling out a few; I was not expecting to find this many left in the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment