Wednesday 24 March 2010

More outdoor sowings and a cheeky little taster

Encouraged by the evidence of new growth this morning I got on with a bit more outdoor sowing today; into the raised bed went a row each of:
  • Carrot (Chantenay Red Cored)
  • Carrot (Early Nantes)
  • Beetroot (Boltardy)
  • Parsnip (White Gem) - didn't use toilet roll tubes this time, but I did pour boiling water on the soil first.
I used one of the spare bulb crates to broadcast sow Kamal and Sweet Spanish Yellow onions. Depending on how they get on I will thin out at salad onion size as necessary and leave some to grown on to full size. I'll also compare these ones to the ones I sowed undercover last month (below) that will be planted out into the raised bed.


I also thought I'd sow another row of Paris Market into the bulb crate with the others as I need to get into the habit of succession sowing.

The rocket was looking rather tasty and I couldn't help myself... I only pinched a couple of leaves, just to try them and they were delicious.


Must exercise more self control!

No comments:

Post a Comment