Saturday 11 August 2012

Mighty fine haul

Today has been a good day... the sun was shining and I harvested a mighty fine haul from the garden.

Emptied the first sack of very pretty bonnie potatoes; this is the first time I have grown this variety and am very pleased with the results


A lovely selection of beetroot had reached picking size, so they came up


Tomatoes are ripening quite frequently now, so this is what gets picked on almost a daily basis


I have never been known for patience and my lack of it got the better of me today; I've been admiring the foliage on the parsnips and wondering what was happening under the ground so pulled one up


I should also be harvesting cucumbers and courgettes right now but it just isn't happening; so far I have only had 3 cucs and the plants aren't producing anything else so I made the decision to put them out of their misery and pull them up. On the courgette front I have not had a single one... I'll probably end up pulling them up as well, but saw a ray of hope on one of the plants this afternoon so will give them another week or so.

But, I don't want to finish on a negative so here are first blackberries of the year



It may only be a grand total of 3 at the moment, but there are loads more just about to turn so watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment