Sunday 10 July 2011

What is it with Peppers 2?

A previous post back in April discussed the problems I was having with peppers sown from seed. I had managed to germinate 1 bellboy, 1 ozarowska, 4 chilli shake and 2 apache plants; well, the bellboy actually turned out to be some sort of aubergine... the leaves gave it away as it grew - must be more meticulous with my labels!

The others however refuse to grow for some reason. They were in 4 inch pots for ages and I thought maybe if I move them to larger pots even though they weren't showing roots at the bottom they would spread their wings and grow... well they haven't.

They are all still around 4 inches tall, but the weird thing is, they have started to produce flowers and fruit...





I don't get it!! Each variety has done the same thing. On the other hand the shop bought ones that were about 4 inches tall when I got them have grown tremendously well.







Maybe I should stop trying to find reasons why and just accept that this is how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment