Sunday 13 January 2013

First Job Done!

What a difference a day makes... yesterday was dark, miserable, near torrential rain, yet today was absolutely delightful; it might have been a little bit chilly which is to be expected for January, but it was dry and the sun was shining.

So, finally got the first job done this morning, planting my early, early potatoes... I usually do this around March or April time, but this way the plan is to have them ready to eat around March or April time; not sure if I'll achieve that but I'm giving it a go!

The 15 swift tubers that were chitting on the kitchen windowsill are now out there on their own to flourish... well, with a little bit of undercover support. This was the first sack before I covered them over


and this is all three sacks on location in the greenhouse (which is quite warm when it's sunny) for the next couple of months



The other thing I have done which is a bit different to normal, is fill the bags up with compost rather than wait for shoots to appear and do the topping up thing; I've always wanted to try it this way to see if it makes any difference. Roll on spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment