Sunday 1 March 2015

Ready, Steady, Sow

My 2015 season has finally begun, I've never made it to March before without sowing anything so today I brushed away numerous cobwebs in the potting shed and got on with it, just managing to beat the rain... might not look like much now, but in a few weeks these little pots of black compost will be sprouting a fine selection of seedlings (hopefully)...


To be more precise, kaibi round and orange bell peppers; fatalii, hotscotch, basque and ohnivec chillies; moneymaker, san marzano and red pear tomatoes, pot black aubergine and cape gooseberry.

I also had a go at microgreens for the first time, so in 2-3 weeks I should be garnishing my meals with tiny, colourful bursts of intense beetroot flavour.

This year I will only be growing one variety of potatoes; I opted for Bonnie, a second early that I have grown a couple of times before. They are both reliable and delicious. The seed potatoes are chitting away and should be ready to go into sacks around Easter.


Finally, I pulled up the last of the carrots, apart from a few holes they were pretty good so leaving them in the ground this long hasn't done them any harm at all.


Will need to get sowing the next batch soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment