Saturday 1 May 2010

Bank Holiday Weekend Part One

As with most bank holiday weekends, the forecasters predict wet weather and it's started already. I was only outside for a couple of hours this morning before the heavens opened.

I did get a few bits done though; planted out 8 minipop plants into the raised bed.


The rest of the bed will be used for full size sweetcorn (Double Standard Bicolor) which I sowed in small pots in the greenhouse today.

I also planted out an all green bush and 2 yellow scallops into a recently purchased reusable growbag, which for the record take ages and a lot of soil / compost to fill (and I have a load more for the rest of the outdoor cucurbits). 


I also potted on a few of the smaller cucurbits; 4 mini whites and 2 gherkins which aren't ready to go out yet. I really want to get the pumpkin plants into their outdoor positions this weekend so I'm hoping the rain will let up so that I can get back out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment