Thursday 29 December 2011

Inspiration

Today I have chosen to relent and buy-in some vegetables... this is not to say I don't have any of my own; there are still a few parsnips and leeks to be harvested, and I have courgettes, peppers and a few tomatoes in the freezer, but the final carrots, swede, beans, sprouts and romanesco were enjoyed over the festive season.

I don't think I what I have left would sustain the household over the well known "hungry gap" and I'm not going to beat myself up about having to buy some veg in because all-in-all I think I have had a pretty good growing year.

So, even though total vegetable self-sufficiency eludes me again I am not dis-heartened and will come back stronger next year. I will be taking inspiration from one of my Christmas presents.


As the rain pours down and the wind blows outside I will be planning my growing season and reading this book from cover to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment