Saturday 17 March 2012

First Seedlings

Yes they are tiny, but earlier this week saw the appearance of the first seedlings. You can just about see the rocket in here


Slightly easier to spot is the mixed salad


In harvesting news I pulled a few leeks


and dug up the last of the parsnips


on the same day that I sowed a row of white gem into a recently re-built raised bed.

I also sowed 6 mini-white cucumbers in the greenhouse. I have returned to this variety because they have always produced perfect results for me and in large quantities. I seem to struggle with the more traditional longer cukes so have decided to stick with what works well for me.

Now for a confession... I had to re-sow some broad beans. My autumn sown batch that were doing so well were killed in the frosts. My own fault; I kept reminding myself that they needed to be fleeced but never got round to it, so there are six new sutton sowings in the greenhouse alongside the cucumbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment