Sunday 31 January 2010

And sow (see what I did there?) it begins

My sowing has begun... no photos to share this time as modules full of compost aren't that exciting really, but today I sowed:
  • Tomato (Roma) x 5
  • Tomato (Gardener's Delight) x 5
  • Tomato (Moneymaker) x 5
  • Tomato (Red Cherry) x 5
  • Cauliflower (All Year Round) x 5
  • Aubergine (Black Beauty) x 5
all in a propagator (non-heated) in the potting shed. Now historically - seems a bit weird using the word historically as this is only year 3 - I have done pretty well with all types of tomatoes. Can't say the same for cauliflower... I got a tiny one in my first year, even having to fight the caterpillars for that, and nothing last year when all brassicas failed to materialise. Last year I managed to get aubergines to the flower stage - ah, a photo opportunity...


but that's as far as it got, so I will be paying particular attention to both caulis and aubs this time round to hopefully get some produce.

I had also wanted to get the garlic into my recently prepared alium raised bed, but the ground was too hard... we've had a couple of frosty nights in a row, so I guess that will have to wait a little bit longer and go in at the same time as my shallots next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment