Friday 18 June 2010

Harvests

Wow! Can't believe I haven't posted for so long... so much has been going on in the garden. For the past few weeks I have been enjoying the fruits of my labour... hasn't been easy though, the slugs have been relentless this season and I have resorted to slug pellets for the first time ever. I think the breaking point was when they pretty much destroyed a whole bed of lettuce - I was not impressed :-(

Anyway, some of it did survive and I have enjoyed a few salads with reine de glaces, lollo rossa and little gem.




Last week I picked the first turnips, mange tout and a gold rush courgette.


Today, I picked another gold rush, some more mange tout (which is ready on a daily basis now) and the first couple of tondo di toscana courgettes.



I also picked my first strawberry a couple of weeks ago and have had a few more since then, so it is starting to feel more like summer now.

No comments:

Post a Comment