Sunday 2 January 2011

Early Sowings

I thought I'd make an early start this year... prompted by the early chilli and pepper sowing thread on the veg growing forum, but also because I'm always keen to get the season started.

I have sown 2 each of apache, shake and cayenne chilli seeds in the heated propagator on the kitchen worktop, along with 2 black beauty and 2 viserba aubergines.

I am awaiting delivery of 3 new chilli varieties, and as soon as they come through the letterbox I'll be sowing them too.

I also finished off an open pack of sarian strawberry seeds (there were 11 of them); they are in the unheated greenhouse in an unheated propagator.

And, just because my posts have been lacking in photographs recently, these are the leeks I pulled out of the ground today.


It's nice to still be harvesting my own fresh veg :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment