Sunday 23 January 2011

Early seedlings and more sowing

My early sowings have so far yielded: -

5 tomato seedlings: moneymaker, costoluto fiorentino, rio grande, san marzano lungo and roma - which are all a bit too leggy for my liking. I don't think the other 3 seeds will germinate, but my main tomato sowing isn't until next month so I'll just try to keep the ones I already have healthy until it warms up enough to put them in the greenhouse. I had moved them to a windowsill in the kitchen after they came up, and today I potted them on into larger pots and sunk them a bit deeper so hopefully they will be okay.

1 aubergine: black beauty.

and 3 chillis: 2 shakes, 1 apache, all from seed I saved last year so I'm really pleased about that. I'm still awaiting the delivery of some new chilli varieties that I ordered earlier this month... might have to chase them up again if they don't arrive soon.

I also made a few more sowings in the heated propagator: viserba and black beauty aubergines, some more chilli shake, apache and cayenne peppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment