Sunday 6 February 2011

In the Potting Shed

My potting shed is now home to my chitting potatoes; a first early, a second early and a main crop. Sharpe's Express is a new variety for me, I chose it because it was advertised as a good all-rounder.


Charlotte is a tried and tested variety which is consistent so I thought I'd stick with it.


Desiree is another new variety for me which I picked instead of Rooster this year... just thought I'd try something different.


I have also re-potted my second attempt at cranberries. These two red star plants arrived a week or so ago in 9 inch pots so I thought they could do with a bit more room... a couple of handfulls of ericaceous compost later and they are looking quite healthy in their new pots.


I have also moved the early sown tomatoes, chillis and aubergine out there.


I also started my February sowing out there with 15 sweet pepper plants; 3 each of corno rosso, ozarowska, diablo, bellboy and california wonder

I'm really hoping it's not too cold for them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment