Tuesday 22 November 2011

Good Roots

I've had some whopper parsnips so far this season, most of which I have had to fight out of the ground




Other roots; carrots and beetroot have been pretty good too, producing a constant supply




I ended up having to pull up all of the carrots at the start of October because something started eating them in the ground. These were the last ones that came up.


Swede is technically a brassica but they look and grow like roots so I'm including them here. I have only had a couple of decent ones this year but as that's more than last year I'm treating them as a success.


I have a freezer well stocked with both carrots and parsnips and also another row of parsnips still in the ground. The remaining were sown quite close together and thinning out has never been a strength of mine so at the weekend I pulled up a few of the smaller ones


Very tasty there were too.

No comments:

Post a Comment