Sunday 20 November 2011

Potatoes

I emptied the last sack of main crop potatoes today,


which reminded me (again) that I have not posted for ages. Potatoes have served me well since I emptied the first sack so here is selection of pics since then





In other potato news, the Christmas sacks were coming along nicely, but then a month or so ago the haulms started to fall over and then turn brown.

I just left them to it until today when I had a rummage in one sack of each variety (charlotte & red duke of york) and was pleasantly surprised to find a couple of decent spuds in each... which I pushed back under the soil.

I doubt they are still growing, so I might do what I did with the earlies and main crops; chop the tops off and leave them in the soil until required. Hopefully they should be okay, but I'll move them undercover if it gets too wet or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment