Monday 31 December 2012

Reliable Potatoes

I tried some new varieties this year; maris bard and bonnie, along with charlotte which I grow every year and they consistently made it to the dinner table from the first batch in June, through to about September




So much so, that I decided to take a break from them for a while; I cut the haulms and then left them in their sacks.

It wasn't until November, after a tonne of rain that I felt like digging some up again but wasn't expecting them to have survived very well; my good intentions to move the sacks into the greenhouse out of the wet weather had not materialised so they had just been getting drenched!

So I was pleasantly surprised when I unearthed these


and these



There were only a couple of rotten ones in amongst them; cue potatoes on the menu at every meal for the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment