Saturday 17 April 2010

Today's the day...

I decided that today I would check my sowed peppers and tomatoes for any further signs of germination and dispose of those that had failed, so during the last week in both the heated and non-heated propagators the following seedlings have come up:
  • Tomato (San Marzano Lungo) x 2
  • Tomato (Sub-Arctic Plenty) x 1
  • Tomato (Red Cherry) x 1
  • Tomato (Principe Borghese) x 1
  • Tomato (Rio Grande) x 1
  • Tomato (Urbikany) x 1
  • Chilli Pepper (Chilli Shake) x 1
I am actually quite pleased with the tomatoes overall, they came slowly but along with the few earlier ones I think I will have more than enough plants this year.


Peppers on the other hand I am really disappointed by, so in a final attempt I sowed some more:
  • Sweet Pepper (Corno Rosso) x 2
  • Sweet Pepper (California Wonder) x 3
  • Chilli Pepper (Cayenne) x 4
along with a few other seeds that failed to germinate:
  • Aubergine (Viserba) x 2
  • Aubergine (Black Beauty) x 2
  • Cape Gooseberry (Golden Berry) x 2
all in the heated propagator. If nothing comes of them, then it wasn't meant to be this year and I'll try again in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment