Sunday 1 August 2010

New Month, New Pickings

I picked the first peppers today; 2 bellboy


a chilli shake (not really sure what variety it is) and 2 apache


The bellboy have been that size for a while and don't seem to be making much of an attempt to turn red, so I thought I may as well pick them and hopefully some of the later ones will change colour... plus I need peppers for today's dinner.

These two apache are the only chillis to have turned red, and they are the smallest ones. There are loads of larger, green peppers on the plant and some which are just starting to change colour.

I also emptied the first bag of rooster potatoes, here they are with the last of the charlottes


The plants died back a week or so ago, but I read somewhere that it's okay to leave them in situ until they are needed. They are not particularly large, but hopefully they will taste okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment