Sunday 29 August 2010

Pleasantly Surprised

I think I have previously mentioned the cabbage white community that have moved into my garden. The consequence of this is that I am constantly fighting with eggs, baby caterpillars and the nasty full grown ones.

Well, today I braved the far corner of the brassica bed to see if there might be anything worth picking for today's dinner and found a cabbage... not 100% sure what variety, but I think I put a couple of savoys in that section of the bed.

Anyway, the tough outer leaves were peppered with evidence of caterpillars (or slugs perhaps?) having been there, but once I removed them, the cabbage itself looked untouched.

So quick was I to discover if any creatures had taken up residence inside the cabbage that I didn't take a photo of it in all it's glory... so this is what it looked like part-way through the chopping process.


And there were no creepy crawlies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment