Saturday 20 August 2011

Exotic Fruit

When growing something for the first time I'm always a little bit cautious about when to harvest, so with regards to my cape gooseberries I thought I'd go with how they look on top of desserts in fancy restaurants.

I know that the outside is supposed to be light brown, a bit see-through and feel like paper, so this one looked about right.


You can also see that the fruit inside is orange and when I gave it a squeeze it was firm with a little bit of give. There is also a very sweet smell coming off the plant. So I picked it and was not disappointed.


The taste was amazing!

There are a few more that are ready to be picked now, but also lots of green ones


and even some new flowers appearing


I have no idea how long it is supposed to produce fruit for but hopefully for a while yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment