Saturday 20 August 2011

Ripe Sweet Peppers... almost

Sweet peppers are starting to ripen... the red ones (bellboy) - need to find a way to turn this round without snapping it off as the back of it is still very green



the yellow ones (luteus)


but these ones (sweet long), according to the picture on the label are supposed to be dark green


I suppose I should have thought something was amiss because they started out a light green / yellow colour so it was probably unlikely they would ripen to dark green.

It's not just restricted to sweet peppers, I think I have previously mentioned that one of my cayenne plants doesn't seem to be producing cayenne chillies... don't think they are supposed to be orange / yellow and they are the wrong shape


The jalepenos on the other hand which should be chunky and are ideal for stuffing, look more like cayenne


I previously suspected a bit of label swapping as I bought all my peppers as little plants, but who knows. As long as the chillies are hot and the sweet ones are sweet, it doesn't really matter that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment