Saturday 20 August 2011

More Fruit...

... just the regular kind though, pears and plums to be precise. Both trees have now been stripped of fruit.


I read somewhere that you are supposed to pick pears when they are slightly under ripe, which is how I prefer to eat them anyway. So these have been picked at the perfect time.


The plums on the other hand are probably a bit over ripe. I'll know for next time to give them a squeeze rather than look at the colour of them. I can't remember what variety they are but for some reason I thought they wouldn't be ready until they are red. A few of them should still be okay to eat now, but most of them will go into a preserve of some kind.


I made a small batch of jam with some of them a week or so ago, so maybe I'll try a chutney recipe with these ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment