Sunday 7 August 2011

A few more firsts for today

First ripe chillies were picked this morning.


According to the label the orange ones claim to be cayenne... don't think that's correct though. All my chillies were bought as little plants this year so I guess someone was having fun label swapping. I'm not too fussed what they are as long as they are hot.

I haven't successfully grown beetroot for a couple of years; I think they just failed to grow... all leaf and no root, so I was glad to see these ones sitting proud of the soil. There are still a few more in the ground so hopefully they will root up too.


I was surprised when the beefsteak tomatoes started to ripen so soon.


They are not the biggest beefsteaks I have ever seen... only slightly bigger than the regular tomatoes, but last year most of this variety had some sort of deformity so I can cope with them being a little under-sized... good things come in small packages after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment