Saturday 13 March 2010

Delayed posting...

... hmmm, this does not bode well for when the season is really in full swing, I'm already getting behind with blogging what I have been up to - must do better!

Anyway, what I should have posted about a week ago is that I continued my indoor sowing with:
  • Okra (Clemsons Spineless) x 5
  • Cucumber (Miniature White) x 5
  • Gherkin (Cornichon de Paris) x 5
  • Courgette (All Green Bush) x 2
  • Tomato (Sub Arctic Plenty) x 5
  • Mint
  • Thyme
and a selection of brassicas:
  • Cabbage (Kalibos) x 2
  • Cabbage (Offenham 2 - Flower of Spring) x 2
  • Cabbage (Golden Acre / Primo) x 2
  • Broccoli (Early Purple Sprouting) x 2
  • Kale (Dwarf Green Curled) x 2
Outdoors I sowed a row each of:
  • Spinach Beet
  • Turnip (Purple Top Milan)
  • Beetroot (Boltardy)
I have never tried to grow gherkins before but am hoping they are just the same as regular cucumbers and therefore don't pose too much of a challenge. I have tried okra in the past, but just ended up with greenery and no flowers!

There is so much to do this month, but I do enjoy it when it gets busy... and it is totally worth it once it comes to harvesting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment