Tuesday 23 March 2010

Re-sowing and potting on

I'll definitely be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for the re-sowing I did today. I transplanted the few tomatoes that have germinated into individual pots; one roma and another gardener's delight had poked up through the compost since the last time I checked but the remaining modules are completely bare. Even so, I watered them and will leave them under the propagator cover for another week or so before throwing on the compost heap.

In terms of tomatoes I sowed:
  • moneymaker x 2
  • red cherry x 1
  • roma x 4
  • sub arctic plenty x 3
  • urbikany x 8 (figured I may as well sow all the remaining seeds)
In terms of peppers I sowed:
  • orange bell x 2 (last of the seeds)
  • california wonder x 7
  • cayenne x 6
  • chilli shake x 3 (last of the seeds)
I also re-sowed 5 each of aubergine and cape gooseberry.

It was also time to transplant some of the cucurbits from modules, so the yellow scallop and marketmore seedlings are now in individual pots.


No comments:

Post a Comment