Sunday 28 March 2010

Spring progress

The clocks have sprung forward, so I think it is an opportune time to write about the progress of some plants that I haven't mentioned recently.

I am really pleased with how my brassicas are coming along. This is the first sowing; cauliflower, raab and brussels sprouts:



even the slug-munched raab (bottom left) is making a comeback!

This is the second; kale, various cabbages and purple sprouting broccoli:


Lettuce is also coming on nicely; as well as the cut and come again varieties I also have reine de glace, little gem and lollo rossa seedlings under cover:



Outdoors I spotted a couple of beetroot seedlings from my first sowing and some spinach beet, so progress is definitely being made and the soil must be warming up now.

I also started off some sweetcorn yesterday... I'm trying a babycorn variety this year; Minipop - so I placed 9 seeds into individual pots in one of the propagators.

No comments:

Post a Comment