Saturday 27 March 2010

Surprise seedlings

Well I never!... one of today's tasks was to empty the compost out of the propagator modules that had failed to germinate. Considering I had placed them under the greenhouse staging and given them no attention for a few days I was very surprised to find...

one cucumber seedling, which by a process of elimination must be marketmore:


and a not-so-strong-looking tomato seedling, which could be moneymaker, but I'm not so sure:


There was also another tomato seedling (sub-arctic plenty possibly), about to push through the compost, so I have just moved that into another propagator and will see what happens with it.

Hopefully, they will both survive the shaky start and go on to fulfil their tomato destiny... unlike the surprise gardener's delight seedling from a few posts ago that has since gone to the greenhouse in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment